The role of the governing body is strategic. The Department for Education’s Governance Handbook identifies core functions for governing bodies:
- ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils,
- holding the headteacher to account for the performance and management of staff;
- overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Members of the governing body are appointed based on their skills in order to contribute to effective governance and the success of the school.
Our governing body structure is below:
- Four Parent Governors
- One Local Authority Governor
- Three Staff Governors
- Four Co-opted Governors
Our chair of governors is Mr F Atcha and our vice chair of governors is Mr I Kala.
Resources Committee responsible for:
• Personnel Matters
• Financial Matters
• Premises and Building Matters
Chaired by Mr A Rawat and includes 6 members
Standards Committee responsible for:
• Curriculum Provision inc RE and Collective Worship
• Teaching and Learning
• Achievement and Standards
• Inclusion Matters
• Pupil Behaviour, Health, Wellbeing and safety
Chaired by Mr I Kala and includes 8 members
Pay Review Committee
• Exercise delegated powers in terms of the annual pay review, taking into account the resources available.
• Monitor appraisal procedures and ensure rigorous systems are in place for teachers’ salary progression.
Chaired by Mr F Atcha and includes 4 members
Statutory committees only meet when required relating to matters such as staff discipline and appeals, pupil discipline and complaints.
Please click the link below to view the members of our Governing Body.